Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Post Milltown, Canada Ho!

Milltown 1 & 2. Over. Whew. Loved them both immensely. So thankful for all of the visitors we had and all that they gave. I should consider how worn out they're going to be when they finally hit their home shores and forget my own tiredness. Funny how you can feel so tired but yet so full of joy and hope for all God has given you.


We (Kelsay & I) got into Travis & Glenda Elley's last night, their awesome little house boat near Ballard. Her parents and sis were down for an evening of visiting and dessert. After they left Travis and I got on the guitars, Glenda on the accordion, and Mr. Yung on the keys. Had a very fun and relaxing jam session.


We were having such a good time so even though our conversations were becoming more and more delirious (an obvious sign to STOP!!! GO TO SLEEP!!!) we failed to reach the pillow until about 1am. That would have been so bad if Kelsay and I hadn't been up since 4:45am the previous morning. Oh well.



Today I received some very sad news though. A young cousin of mine in Canada, Brianne Thue, was killed in a car accident late last night. This isn't the place to discuss all those feelings, but I am so glad that I happened to have this trip planned to go up there. Kels and I are going out on the Elley's kayaks later so I plan to take advantage of the fresh air.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hi CODY! Thanks for sharing your blog with Zane and I. Now you can peek into our lives a bit too since we're so far away! I'm sorry to hear the tragic news of your cousin, how nice for you to get to go to her funeral tho! The Elley's houseboat is fantastic! HOW AWESOME!!! (I'm insanely jealous!) I am in Seattle now too actually (in Ballard) so I just missed you probably! Zane is flying in late tonight also... can't wait to see my buddy! Well keep in touch, we appreciate all your emails! Love, Anna & Zane

Anna said...

Hey Cody, us again. I was just looking at this post again of yours and realizing that first pictures is of Milltown! How could I have missed that big beloved red barn that i've slept in so many times! Anyway it's bringing back so many happy memories=)